LIVE

Vera: F*ck O’Malley, He Quit!

UFC 252: O’Malley v Vera Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC

Marlon Vera scored one of the biggest wins of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career last Sat. night (Aug. 15, 2020) by knocking out Sean O’Malley in the very first round at UFC 252 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Prior to the fight being stopped, O’Malley rolled his ankle leading many to believe it played a huge part in his loss. “Chito” wants to hear none of that talk because the Ecuadorian-born fighter says the negative results of his x-rays prove that“Suga” wanted out of the fight.

“Now that the fight is over, he didn’t hurt his ankle. The x-rays came back clean,” Vera told BJPENN.com. “What I did to him, is basically when someone punches you in the jaw you go out. His legs went out. I don’t give a f**k what people think or say. There will always be haters.”

Ben Askren agrees.

To take it a bit further, Vera feels that if he hadn’t stopped him in the very first round, O’Malley would have eventually found a way to get out of the fight.

“He went out. But, man if they don’t stop it I would’ve beat him worse in the second. Everyone has an opinion. It was a solid win and I am happy, I wouldn’t change anything,” added Vera. “I am going to be honest, he quit. But, at the end of the day, I know my kicks are powerful and it f****d up his leg. His nerve went away when I kicked him.”

As far as a rematch to prove his win had nothing to do with the injury, “Chito” has no interest whatsoever because at the end of the day it’s simply unnecessary. If “Suga” does want a do-over, Vera says he is going to have to work his way back up, this time against better competition than what he faced early in his career.

“F**k no, f**k him. He has to go fight and prove himself. Let’s be real he was fighting low-level competition.”

As far as who “Chito” wants to fight next, Jimmie Rivera is his selection. Rivera recently snapped his two-fight skid by defeating Cody Stamann at UFC Fight Island 1 last month, his first win since 2018.

“I want Jimmie Rivera next and that is what will happen next. There is nowhere he can run now or any excuses he can make,” he said. “Right now, he has his back against his wall and can’t be picking his opponents. We have been scheduled to fight a couple of times, that is the fight to make,” he added. “I would finish him. I will put the pace and pressure on him and I believe I finish him,” Vera concluded.

The two were set to face off at UFC 247 earlier this year before “El Terror” pulled out of the Bantamweight bout with an injury. If all else fails, “Chito” can look here for his next opponent.



from MMAmania.com - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Qfi8q1

No comments