LIVE

UFC 252 video: Virna Jandiroba steamrolls Felice Herrig in under two minutes with armbar

UFC 252: Herrig v Jandiroba Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC

Former Invicta FC champ Virna Jandiroba needed less than two minutes to finish veteran Felice Herrig at UFC 252.

In a fight that was over almost before it started, Jandiroba took down Herrig and quickly advanced before securing an armbar that forced a tap at the 1:44 mark of the opening frame.

Check out the finish here.

According to the UFC, the finish was the fourth-fastest in UFC strawweight history and sent Herrig back to the drawing board after almost two years on the sidelines due to a serious knee injury. She has now lost three straight in the octagon.

Jandiroba, meanwhile, has now won two straight after a loss to inaugural strawweight champ Carla Esparza in her UFC debut.

“I want to be the UFC champion just like I wanted to be the Invicta champion,” Jandiroba said afterward via translator. “Herrig was ranked No. 15. I see myself as ranked, and maybe if the UFC wants to give me a top-five fighter, I’ll be ready.”



from MMA Fighting - All Posts https://ift.tt/3iLRrWs

No comments